Saturday, August 9, 2014

Seattle

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

This wasn't a day of riding but a day of celebration honoring Team Seattle's finish. They started 70 days earlier and traveled more than 4,000 miles.



I stayed in Bremerton and checked the ferry schedule while at breakfast. I could hurry to make the 7:20 a.m. ferry or take my time for the 8:45 a.m. I took my time. I was first in line for the ferry - I must have just missed the 7:20 boat - and the guy in the booth encouraged me to go for a bike ride. What a great idea. I saw Bremerton on a bike.




I arrived in Seattle and looked for Pike Place Market. I parked the car then went for a bike ride. The waterfront was crowded and wasn't as bike friendly as Portland but I also found a waterfront bike path, the Elliott Bay Trail, which was nice. I checked the time and decided to cut the ride short to arrive in plenty of time.


Chey Hillsgrove, Shelby Perkins

The team arrived to cheers from their families and friends. They had their closing ceremony and their friends got to see one last cheer. They drowned out the guy performing close to them with a chainsaw.

Two Batmans
Chey Hillsgrove, Zack Hopkins
Credit: Amy Hopkins


Team Seattle
Credit: Amy Hopkins


Barry Sherry, Chey Hillsgrove
Credit: Amy Hopkins

Well done my friends!


Adrienne Rivera
Credit: Amy Hopkins





No comments:

Post a Comment