To qualify, I had to submit a simple questionnaire.
- TOTAL MILES: 5,102
- LONGEST RIDE - Civil War Century, with some extra back tracking -- 104.2
- % MILES COMMUTING -- 11.4% - It's 40+ miles one way and I rode 14 segments plus bonus miles
- % MILES PPTC RIDES -- 9.2% on 9 rides including one which I led
- Date on which 5,000 was achieved - November 27 on Oysterburg Road, Oley, Pa., the longest and steepest hill on the LIVESTRONG Philly route. Just me on that bitter November day coming back to make a statement that I won't be stopped by cancer.
- Most miles in a Month -- 841 (June)
- Most miles in a week -- 300 - in France, during the Tour de France
- Number of Zero mile weeks - Eight
- Number of 100 mile days - Five
- Most interesting story - Tie -- On August 7 I was biking 80 miles from Somerset, Pa. to Punxsutawney, Pa. About 30 miles from my destination I came upon two angry Rottweilers who decided to attack me. I dismounted and was trying to hold them at bay when they were suddenly counter-attacked by a five pound Yorkshire Terrier. The Yorkie came out of nowhere and attacked them to protect me. She quickly fled, unharmed, and when other people arrived, they did too.
- On August 20, I was riding in North Conway, NH, when I was approached by two guys wearing full Garmin kits. I had to do a double take to see that they weren't club riders imitating Tyler Farrar. I instantly knew they were real Garmin riders from their U23 team. And they asked me if they could jump in. And let me pull for five miles.